The other day I got a question about what to do if the mama is not producing enough breast milk for her baby. I posted the question to the Facebook Page and Twitter. There were too many super helpful responses that I had to share them again. I want everyone to see that there are legit alternatives and ways to work around breast milk issues. Below are some awesome websites that you check out or pass on:
Here’s the a recipe by holistic nutritionist Jenn Pike: Non-Dairy Infant Formula
- Combine the below ingredients together and mix well. I prefer using the Magic Bullet for this job. Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to 48 hours, then discard. Try making a 1/4 of the batch first to see if your baby enjoys this option.
- 4 cups Rice milk (Earth’s Own Ryza brand Original flavor is my first choice) or Coconut milk (in tetra), Hemp Milk, or Almond milk.
- 1/2 – 1tbsp blackstrap molasses (iron and B vitamins)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cod liver oil (carlson & nordic naturals are great brands)
- 1-2 tbsp flax oil, coconut oil or hemp oil (essential fatty acid)
- 2-4 tbsp brown rice protein powder (heartlands organic is a good one, see how your little does with 2 Tbsp of protein, if there is no constipation or upset then up by 1 Tbsp at a time until you build 4 Tbsp)
- 1tbsp Genestra Pediatravite liquid infant multi-vitamin
- 1 drop of d-drops 400 iu
- 1/4 tsp infant probiotic powder
From the rack, 8 Rounds:
5 Push Jerks
20 Lunges (Barbell on Back)
- Rest as much as needed between rounds.
- Try to do each round unbroken.
- Pick a weight that is heavier but you can do all 5 Jerks unbroken.